I want to find out about Account Security
How to unfreeze account
To unfreeze your account, please call our service hotline at +852 2245 3201 (Monday to Sunday, 9:00 am-9:00 pm) for further assistance.
How to freeze account
To freeze your account, please:
1. Visit AlipayHK official website (https://www.alipayhk.com/en/shoppers/support/freeze-account);
2. Call our customer service hotline during office hours: 852-22453201, service hours: Monday to Sunday, 9:00 am-9:00 pm.
Reasons for account freezing
If you lose your phone or suspect your account has been stolen, you can suspend all functions of the account, including payment and transfers, immediately by freezing your account. Users are not liable for the losses from unauthorized transactions.
Similar to banks and other e-wallets, AlipayHK is scrutinized by the HKMA and Hong Kong Data Privacy Law. All user and merchant data are encrypted to ensure safety, which also prevents private data from being stolen. In addition, AlipayHK has developed additional risk management parameters for various types of account data. Specifically, the security standard for bank cards and credit cards has reached PCI level and obtained PCI DSS certification.
What safety precautions are in place
AlipayHK adopts an intelligent ALPHA risk management system, which was developed with patented technology and conforms to international standards. It has:
• Intelligent risk identification system driven by big data and AI technology
• Periodic self-learning ability to optimize its risk identification capability
• 7x24 real-time risk protection
• Intelligent risk assessment adjustments for each transaction in real-time and blocks any suspicious transactions
• Various authentication methods such as payment password, biometric authentication, one-time password when suspicious transaction is detected
Unverified and verified accounts
Unless users want to increase the limit of various functions, AlipayHK only needs to register with a mobile number to use basic functions and services.
A verified account can increase the limit of various functions, and some services are required verification before use, including cross-border payments and remittances.
Is verification mandatory?
Normally, users can conduct daily transactions through mobile number registration, and do not need to perform ID Verification.
According to regulatory requirements, users need to provide corresponding personal information in order to increase the verification level of the e-wallet and the use of various functions.
Cancel an approved verification
According to regulatory requirements, users need to provide corresponding personal information in order to increase the verification level of the e-wallet and the limit of various functions. However, it can't be cancelled temporarily after passing the verification.
Steps to verify
Tap the menu button at the upper left corner on homepage, select "ID Verification" and follow the instructions on the page.
Intermediate verification requires the user to upload a copy of his/her Hong Kong identity document, and advanced verification requires uploading another identification document that is different from intermediate verification, and further provide address and occupation.